07 September 2008

Build Me A Tower and I'll Wear It : Some Designers and That




 Alexander Wang AW 08/09

I loved this collection due to its 'borrowed from boys' appeal. The oversized trousers and jackets worn with the uber cute shorts and leggings screams of something super wearable, cheap and transferable between seasons. 

"I will 'av two of zees..."


Kirrily Johnston SS o8

I loved this collection so much I emailed the link to a load of my friends at uni. Everything about it was fresh, beautiful and billowing. It had a well fashioned Arabian theme, even including a lack of visible flesh due to the long, front seemed leggings. Flashes of colour amongst swathes of sandy beiges was a real break from the sleek city chic full of greys and acid greens.

Miu Miu SS08

Miu Miu SS08

Miu Miu SS08

Miu Miu SS08

I absolutely loved this collection from Miu Miu, I think it is probably my favourite collection that they have ever shown. I looked at it a little bit during my final collection and really loved the performance and circus feel to it. The cute little collars and panelling are such well thought through details, everything just works. 

Peter Jensen SS08

Peter Jensen SS08

Peter Jensen SS08

I do love a bit of Peter Jensen. We had an industry project with them in the third year and I absolutely loved it. They base all their collections on a muse and outfits are taken from images and videos of each muse. I loved the beaded jacket in the image above. It was apparently hand beaded and took weeks to make. To me, Peter Jensen are an example of inspired, fun and wearable fashion.

Spijkers en Spijkers SS08

"Build me a tower... and I'll wear it"

This collection also held a lot of inspiration for me in terms of my Final Collection. I took a lot of photos of building blocks (I bought some and had great fun building towers and photographing them!) and encorporating them into panelling ideas. I think Spijkers en Spijkers have done this on a very successful level and I have spent many many days lusting after this dress in specific.

Images courtesy of vogue.co.uk and are subject to copyright

No comments: